[Bro-Dev] Broccoli Python bindings

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Nov 4 21:27:38 PDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 21:46 -0400, you wrote:

> How does it make them easier to install?

Thas was ambigious, sorry: I meant easier for creating the build
system. As it is, it needs to do a mix of the CMake installation for
libbroccoli, and the Python setup.py for the bindings. The old
autotools setup avoids that by just not installing the bindings by
default, but that's not great, in particuar because broctl depends
on them.

> I don't know how the packager maintainers for various OSs feel about it though.

That's another point, right.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org