[Bro-Dev] script loading changes

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Wed Jul 13 07:45:32 PDT 2011

> 1) When an @load or command line argument relies on BROPATH to search for
>     the script/package, directory separator characters (i.e. '/') must be
>     replaced with dots ('.').  e.g. "@load frameworks.software".  ".bro"
>     file extensions are still optional.

Are dots in directory or script names still allowed (and are they
handled correctly?). E.g., what happens if I have a script

    foo.bar/foo/bar.blub.something.bro

And one more question: for debugging: can we have some functionality
(e.g., command line argument) that will print all scripts with absolute
paths in the order they are loaded? This might be handy in cases were
path / script names are ambiguous or a users is wondering which files
are loaded exactly.

cu
Gregor

--