[Bro-Dev] script loading changes

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Jul 13 21:45:26 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 23:14 -0400, you wrote:

> At least we're slowly getting somewhere and sometimes by choosing *not* to do things. :)

Sorry for being the party pooper now but I *do* like the ability to
load something automatically (only) when something else is loaded as
well. I don't think that can really be substituted for at the
scripting layer right now, at least not nicely. software.bro is a good
application for that and I'm sure there are more (like the
intelligence framework?).

We need to bring the current prefix mechanism back to live anyway (and
with the new load order I think), and this would be quite easy to add
on top of that if I'm not missing anything. So why don't we give it a
try and see if it works for what's it's supposed to help with.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org