[Bro-Dev] #388: Fix more compiler warnings

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Nov 3 10:07:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 21:13 -0400, you wrote:

> > Yeah, that's the way I was imagining.  Does anyone like the idea of
> > this being a regular btest versus something that only runs on NMI?
> > I'm not sure how much benefit is derived from the former at the
> > expense of increasing the testing time by a few minutes.
>

> I think that makes sense.  We'd at least get a chance to see if we
> introduces any warnings locally before committing where they may be
> exposed on other platforms on NMI.

Checking locally is good, but I'm also concerned about increasing
testing time for every btest run. How about making it an option? We
can use @test-requires to test some preconditionn, like a set
environment variable.

Alternatively, I have a btest patch pending that introduces test
groups. With that, we could make a group "long-tests" for tests that
take a while to run. btest would then just need another option to not
run certain groups by default (the patch already has an option to
*only* run certain groups).

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org