[Bro-Dev] Bro's snap length

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Nov 18 12:53:18 PST 2011

On Nov 18, 2011, at 3:48 PM, William Jones wrote:

> What type of ether net card are they using.
> Is pf_ring nabled?

This is a separate issue that shows up on almost every NIC but I don't know what wrinkles PF_RING introduces.  I suppose it could also depend on if you are using PF_RING's DNA drivers or not since I believe that's doing direct memory injection from the NIC which changes the behavior where we are currently seeing trouble.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network