[Bro-Dev] Status of anonymization framework

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Nov 21 09:20:45 PST 2011

On Nov 21, 2011, at 11:15 AM, Robin Sommer wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 18:30 -0800, you wrote:
>
>> In git/master, this option does not exist (anymore).
>
> We removed the rewriting code. But do the bifs depend on that code, or
> should they work independently as well ? If they do depend on it, it
> we should remove them as well (or fix them).

I think it makes sense to maintain anonymization primitives like this which we can then reuse in the logging framework for log anonymization when we get to that.  At the moment though I don't think they serve much purpose especially if they don't work or they don't work like you would anticipate.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network