[Bro-Dev] Call for opinions on logging framework syntax problem

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Nov 29 20:24:31 PST 2011

On Nov 29, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Bernhard Amann wrote:

> When adding the protocol directly to the port information, the log line would e.g. look like
>
> 12.12.12.12 53/udp,80/tcp,8080/tcp

This is definitely one place where the email I just sent breaks down.  It's the port value used outside of the context of a conn_id value.  Do you have a concrete example of when you'd want to do something like this?  I suspect that if you wanted to do that it would actually be better to organize your data in a different way.  Like this:

#fields host	port	proto
12.12.12.12	53	udp
12.12.12.12	80	tcp
12.12.12.12	8080	tcp