[Bro-Dev] #704: use of $BRO_LOG_SUFFIX

Bro Tracker bro at tracker.bro-ids.org
Wed Nov 30 15:42:38 PST 2011

#704: use of $BRO_LOG_SUFFIX
 Reporter:  vern     |      Owner:
     Type:  Problem  |     Status:  new
 This is now inconsistently used, per the following email exchange:

 It looks like for the most part this is no longer used.  Hoewver, I see
 at least two exceptions.  The first is the function log_file_name() in
 util.cc, which appears to now only be used by DebugLogger.cc.  The second
 is open_log_file() in base/init-bare.bro (which calls log_file_name()),
 which only appears to be called by policy/misc/profiling.bro.

 Yeah, that's essentially not supported anymore right now. As you write,
 open_log_file() will still apply it, but almost nothing goes through
 that anymore.

 I believe this should be easy to fix for the ASCII writer. It can see
 the environment variable and would just need to add it to the
 filenames it generates.

Ticket URL: <http://tracker.bro-ids.org/bro/ticket/704>
Bro Tracker <http://tracker.bro-ids.org/bro>
Bro Issue Tracker