[Bro-Dev] Time for C++11?

Vlad Grigorescu vlad at grigorescu.org
Mon Jun 23 11:58:05 PDT 2014

Fair enough.

For surveying the environment, you can use DistroWatch. For example, to see
which distros have gcc 4.9:
http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=gcc&pkgver=4.9.0#pkgsearch

The main stragglers seem to be RHEL and Ubuntu LTS. Ubuntu 12.04 has 4.6.3
and RHEL 6.5 has 4.4.7.

I believe RHEL users can install a devtoolset, which has a more recent
version installed under /opt, but we'll have to make sure CMake checks
there.

  --Vlad