[Bro-Dev] DHCP event removal

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Fri Jun 15 14:18:00 PDT 2018

On 15 Jun 2018, at 0:30, Michael Dopheide wrote:

> How was the determination made that it's not widely used?  I don't
> recall a survey on the bro/bro-dev lists and there's clearly instances
> of it's use when searching github.

I didn't dig around much which I made that change.  Generally the DHCP
analyzer hasn't been something that I've heard of much use (although
Vlad did point out that I broke one of my own scripts!).  How many
scripts do you think it impacted?  I suspect it's fairly few and we
probably just need to put a change note in the release to say that
developers will need to handle a new event to get the data.  On the
upside, you can handle both the old events and the new and they
shouldn't impact each other (if you want to make a script work on
multiple releases).

   .Seth

--
Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com