Build problem

grd-pub.56 at NOSPAMnetcourrier.com grd-pub.56 at NOSPAMnetcourrier.com
Sun Apr 13 15:48:02 PDT 2003

======
[Source: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.detection.bro/69]

You should try linking with "/usr/lib/libresolv.a" instead of "-lresolv" --
the latter uses the dynamic library, libresolv.so, unless you add the
"-static" option. Just edit the Makefile accordingly.
======

This libresolv issue seems to be common to all Linux distribs (same problem
experienced under a couple of RedHat, Debian, and Mandrake versions), and I'm
afraid this question will come up over and over again.
Could it be fixed cleanly -- that is, using autoconf -- in the official
sourcetree ?

Regards,

Olivier.