NEW Bro compile problems

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Mon Jun 16 15:45:30 PDT 2003

> PktSrc.h:26:18: pcap.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [main.o] Error 1
>
> I "fix" it by adding 'INCLS =  -Ilinux-include -I/usr/include/pcap'

One of the recent additions was to change

	#include "pcap.h"

in PktSrc.h to

	#include <pcap.h>

I imagine this is the problem.  I'm not quite sure what's the "right"
solution here, but maybe we should just go back to using "pcap.h".  That's
what I've tentatively done.

> util.cc: In function `void init_random_seed ()':
> util.cc:395: `uint32_t' undeclared (first use this function)

I've changed this to uint32 (and also for the declaration of "result" a
little later in the function.  That should do the trick.

		Vern