Trouble compiling Bro release 0.8a48 on OpenBSD3.3

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Sun Nov 2 23:05:22 PST 2003

> I get the following errors when I try to compile Bro on
> OpenBSD 3.3.

> gcc -I. -Ilibedit -O  -c nb_dns.c
> nb_dns.c:81: `NS_MAXDNAME' undeclared here (not in a function)

A work-around for this is to edit config.h and #undef HAVE_NB_DNS,
and also remove nb_dns.o from the generated Makefile.  (I have the same
problem building on Mac OS X; and also have to turn off HAVE_READLINE.)
I haven't figured out how to get autoconf to do this automagically - if
someone could contribute that, that would be great.

		Vern