new things with Bro
vern at icir.org
Sun Jun 6 22:33:59 PDT 2004
There are now several new things regarding Bro:
- We're moving Bro's FTP, email & Web presence over to bro-ids.org,
per the addressing on this message and the URLs below.
- The Bro STABLE release has been updated to release 0.8a85.
This release will continue to evolve, but mainly only in terms
of bug fixes (including portability tweaks). Occasionally, when
a CURRENT version has proven sufficiently stable, it will become
the new STABLE version.
- The Bro CURRENT release is starting now from 0.9a1. Changes
between it & the previous release, 0.8a82, are appended.
The new STABLE release includes the subset of these changes
that are bug fixes, per the above. See its CHANGES files
- 0.8a85 is the new STABLE release, to be updated only for bug (and
portability) fixes. 0.9a1 is the new CURRENT release, which will have
both bug fixes and new functionality.
- Support for FTP EPRT, EPSV (Holger Dreger).
- Change to timer management to recover memory more quickly (Robin Sommer).
- Tweaks to eliminate a number of compiler warnings (Robin Sommer).
- Statistics now report number of connections terminated due
to inactivity (Robin Sommer).
- New Makefile target, pub-tar-no-doc builds a public tarball but
without the (large) doc/ subdirectory.
- Bug fix for identd requests with illegal port numbers.
- The example of a scanning source to skip in scan.bro has been changed
from an AltaVista robot (now obsolete) to a Google robot.
- Some previously fatal internal errors have now been turned into
"internal warnings", which Bro is able to continue operating
in their presence.
0.8a84 Wed May 26 23:33:39 PDT 2004
- autoconf tweaks for portability to Darwin (Christian Kreibich).
- Fixed subtle bug in chunked-IO reads (Christian Kreibich).
- Fixed bug for the "discarder" framework in which specifying an
IP discarder would cause other TCP/UDP/ICMP discarders not being
invoked (Christian Kreibich).
- Fatal bug in signature matching fixed (Robin Sommer).
- Missing member variable initialization fixed (Robin Sommer). (Needed for
compilation with new versions of gcc.)
- Makefile bug for "make install" fixed.
- Fixed bug that could lead to Bro crashing if an SMTP session
had data sent after a RST.
- Removed some out-of-date SMTP analysis warning messages.
More information about the Bro