[Bro] BRO on FreeBSD 5.2.1

Randolph Reitz rreitz at fnal.gov
Fri Sep 24 14:39:44 PDT 2004

OK, but the devfs devices are created as...

gumshoe# ls -lt /dev/b*
crw-------  1 bro  wheel   23,   1 Sep 24 14:14 /dev/bpf1
crw-------  1 bro  wheel   23,   0 Sep 24 14:14 /dev/bpf0

(I changed the owner from root to bro.)  If bro is a member of group
wheel, bro still can't read the device.  I don't know how to control
the permissions, owner or group of devfs devices.  The devfs(5) man
page is useless.

Randy