[Bro] bad_tcp_checksum

Kevin Schmidt kps at ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 17 11:22:22 PST 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 10:05 am, you wrote:
> -I confirm the bad tcp checksums when capturing with tcpdump
> >>    2.Bro 0.8a37 (package) on FreeBSD 5.3

Just FWIW, I'm running a FreeBSD 5.3 GENERIC kernel on a Dell and have bad
checksums with tcpdump using an nge interface.  I don't have a solution
(haven't really looked), but I thought I'd send a "me too" note to confirm
you're not the only one who has seen this behavior.  I'm not running bro on
the 5.3 box so the checksum problem hasn't bothered me too much.  The nge
interface is gig-capable but runs at 100Mb as you describe.  I've also
noticed an apparent correlation between tcpdumps and panic reboots.  Since it
appears the problem exists across interface types (i.e. drivers), I wonder if
it's a problem between libpcap and the drivers.

--
Kevin Schmidt
Campus Network Programmer
kps at ucsb.edu