[Bro] BRO valgrind test

scott campbell scampbell at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 14 23:52:00 PDT 2005

Vishwanathan Krishnamurthy wrote:
> I'm wonderingif anyone can help me with this.
> I ran valgrind against an instance of BRO. I found memory leaks (refering to operator new())
> in the valgrind logs.
> Am i missing something or does the memory pool gets refreshed (over time) depending on traffic presence or absence.
>
> thanks
> - Vish

The interface between the event engine and the policy side of bro can
cause issues for valgrind (and many other memory testing programs).
There has been considerable effort to reduce issues with memory leaks
for some time now, and as far as I know there are no major issues.

If there are specific examples, feel free to forward them to the list as
we are always looking for improvements.

thanks!

scott