[Bro] Re: [Bro]make-problem OK in v0.9, not in 1.0

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Thu Nov 17 15:16:32 PST 2005

Vidar,

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 16:29 +0100, Vidar Evenrud Seeberg wrote:
> Thank you Ruoming!
>
> I used the commands you provided, but the coredump was just sent to
> stdout (terminal). I tried to redirect with 'binpac/binpac -d
> dce_rpc.pac > coredump' into a file called coredump, but no luck.
>
> How do I get the core dump into a file?

what you get on stdout is not the core file, it's just an indication
that a core dump happened and that a core file may have been generated.

Look for a file called "core" in the current directory. If it doesn't
exist, try running the command under gdb as follows:

  $ gdb binpac/binpac

At the gdb prompt enter

  (gdb) run -d dce_rpc.pac

and wait until the error appears. Then just type in

  (gdb) bt

to get a backtrace of the call stack at the time of the error and post
the output to the list.

Cheers,
Christian.