[Bro] Bro 1.2.1 vs OpenBSD 4.0 (phase 2)

Jean-Philippe Luiggi jp.luiggi at free.fr
Wed Dec 20 06:25:49 PST 2006

Hello Christian,

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 12:29:42PM +0100, Christian Kreibich wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 20:48 -0500, Jean-Philippe Luiggi wrote:
> > I don't see (yet) how using just a "#typedef" will solve the problem.
> > I may be wrong but i can't use a "typedef struct bpf_timeval timeval;"
> > "struct timeval" exists and is used elsewhere.
>
> I see your point. I still don't think there's a need to #ifdef different
> functions though -- if we use struct timeval consistently throughout the

  Sure, you're right but i tried to follow the suggestion and ran into
  "trouble" so i prefered to switch to the "easy way" (to make Bro
  working)... :-)

> code (as we are), then you'll probably only need to add assignment
> operators for the two different types (that'd fix the compiler error
> you're pointing out) and maybe casts to struct timeval* in other places.
> Let me know if there are other problems I'm missing.

  No, the problem with "timeval" is the biggest one i think, the others are
  managed :

  - ARP.(h/cc)
  - bro.rc (i still have a litlle error with a "SIGHUP" but the script works).

  It's not a bug (but a feature) so as soon as i have a correct "timeval" solution, i'll play with the DNS.

  Best regards.