[Bro] DAG cards and bro

Spiros Antonatos antonat at ics.forth.gr
Wed Jul 19 16:57:16 PDT 2006

Fyi,

New libpcap versions support DAG cards.

Spiros Antonatos

-----Original Message-----
From: bro-bounces at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU [mailto:bro-bounces at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU]
On Behalf Of Aashish Sharma
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:49 PM
To: scott campbell
Cc: Anne Hutton; bro at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: Re: [Bro] DAG cards and bro

Hi Scott :

We are (trying) to use DAG cards with bro and argus to capture data of our
10G route.

We did have initial problems including bro not supporting dag cards and even
the choice of OS to run those on. Now, after interacting with Robin Sommer,
bro does have support built in for the dag cards. Thanks Robin !

As of performance, currently we are facing the issue of getting too little
light using optical splitter and thus are waiting for a optical switch which
is in order.

Once we get the switch we should be able to start the monitoring and see how
bro behaves. Right now, with the support libraries in place, complilation
and installation is not a problem at all.

I can update you of performance once we get the switch and have enough
signal getting to the cards.

Hope this helps.

Aashish Sharma