[Bro] More questions

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jul 12 21:48:14 PDT 2007

I figured out that I'm going to have to write a FreeBSD-type startup
script to replace bro.rc, so that problem is "solved".  I also figured out
the syntax for the local.site.bro file and some fiddling around and
reading.

Now I have another question - how do you daemonize bro?  bro -h doesn't
show a daemon switch (normally -D), and when I run it, even without the
debug switch, it does not daemonize.  Obviously, from the cmdline I can
use &, but that is not available from a startup script.  What's the normal
convention?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas