[Bro] "Meta" event handling?

Stephen Chan sychan at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 28 13:50:14 PDT 2008

Robin Sommer wrote:
> However, I'm not completely sure I got the idea of what you are
> trying to achieve. Would it be possible to do this all within
> another Broccoli client? Broccoli's interface provides you with most
> of the information you look for (event name, argument types (though
> not argumemtnames)). Could you write a Broccoli app that does the
> wrapping?
>
> Or asked differently, why can't you just send "normal" Bro events to
> your Broccoli listener? It could subscribe to everything[1] and then
> have generic event-handling code which does the neccessary steps.

    This is actually what I originally hoped to do, but there seemed to
be a stumbling block with Bro not forwarding events, so I was curious
about the option of playing with things on the Bro side.

    Is there any sample code that shows how you would setup a generic
handler that has access to the event name and argument count/types?

    Steve