[Bro] crash with std::bad_alloc

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Thu Nov 6 17:49:51 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 12:23 +0100, Peter Wurzinger wrote:
> I reran my code using profiling.bro. The memory consumption continuously
> increased, and the last lines before crashing were:
>
> Memory: total=3126520K total_adj=3116888K malloced: 2878549K

Try running Bro for a limited amount of time and load print-globals.bro,
as pointed out at:
http://www.bro-ids.org/wiki/index.php/Development_HOWTOs#print-globals.bro

Upon termination, Bro will tell you the amount of memory your global
variables have accumulated. If you have a state-keeping problem in one
of those variables, you'll spot the issue there.

--
Cheers,
Christian