[Bro] BroLite install (was: Bro 1.4 release now available)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jan 16 13:18:28 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 15:15 +0200, you wrote:

> I am new to Bro and the list so Greetings.

Welcome to Bro!

> On patching and running "make install-brolite" all seems good 'out of
> the box' except I had to add "/usr/local/bro/site" to BROPATH in
> etc/bro.cfg, from my reading I gather this is likely due to a new
> location of site to share/bro/site?

To make sure I understand what you mean: are you saying that you had
already policy files in /usr/local/bro/site which were now not found
anymore (in which case that's ok to require a BROPATH change
because, as you note, the standard location has changed); or are you
saying that the install process puts files into /usr/local/bro/site
which were then not found (in which case if would be a bug).

>   A suggestion, possibly a simple 'what goes where' or 'what is to
>   be expected where' in the docs?

Yeah, I guess that would be good, except as that this fix will be
only temporary anyway so it's mostly for people already using
BroLite.

Thanks for the feedback!

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org