[Bro] Brolite/Ubuntu Installation 'No such file or directory' error

nlange at ucalgary.ca nlange at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 21 05:59:30 PST 2009

Hello Mayank, and thanks for your quick response.  I performed the
following steps on a Compaq 6910p laptop computer:

- Installed Ubuntu 8.10 from scratch, using only default settings.
  I did not install any of the upgrades indicated by upgrade manager yet.
  Adminstrator id is 'terminator'
- Used synaptic package manager to install the following:
  - g++
  - flex
  - ssl-dev
  - libpcap
  - ncurses
- Downloaded bro-1.4-release.tar.gz from www.bro-ids.org
- Extracted to /home/terminator/bro-1.4
- Enabled 'root' login
- in '/home/terminator/bro-1.4/aux/broccoli', did the following:
  - ./configure
  - make
  - make install
- in '/home/terminator/bro-1.4', did the following:
  - ./configure
  - make
  - make install
  - make install-brolite

Do you need any other system information?