[Bro] Automated Identification of Notice/Alarm Generating Packets

rmkml rmkml at free.fr
Mon Nov 9 01:49:52 PST 2009

Hi Rob,
I don't known if bro write (-w) exactly then snort,
but bro have another good options:
-all (http) log contains unix timestamp and http session number
-http log contains uri request and http code reply
-http mime extract/decoding/parsing (zip)
-dont miss binpac and dpd option for recognize http trafic on all port (require bpf filters)
-bro http/http-request/http-request-body/http-reply-body/http-body/http-request-header/http-reply-header option
-powerfull bro script language
Regards
Rmkml
Crusoe-Researches.com