[Bro] Poll: Bro deployments
taosecurity at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:21:31 PST 2010
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:
> Hello Sites Using Bro,
> We'd like to ask for your help.
1. Name of deployment site [optional]:
2. We are using Bro
[X] not yet, but we plan to
[ ] experimentally
[ ] operationally
3. We have done so for about _1_ years.
4. Our site is best described as
[ ] Academia
[ ] Research Lab
[ ] Government
[ ] Other (please explain)
5. In its current use, Bro monitors about _N/A_ systems. In
production it could monitor over 300,000 systems.
6. Would you be fine with us listing your site by name as a Bro user?
[ ] Yes, however you wish.
[X] Yes in private to the funders in your grant application, but
[ ] No, please use this information only in an anonymized form.
7. Optionally, list up to three improvements you would like to see
in the "Bro world":
a. Documentation -- ideally we would like to see a book-length and
book-quality document explaining how to deploy and use Bro, from
beginner to advanced level.
b. Deployment assistance -- creating wizards or other interfaces that
guide a new installation to implement desired functionality.
c. User conferences -- gathering Bro users together to discuss how
they use the product, share leading practices, and form a community to
help advise requirements and development
More information about the Bro