[Bro] Trying to get drop_source_and_terminate working

Tyler T. Schoenke Tyler.Schoenke at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 3 11:33:38 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm running bro version 1.5.2.2.  I am trying to get the
drop_source_and_terminate function working.

I have a test notice set up that calls drop_source_and_terminate.  It is
logging the NOTICE_DROP, but the terminate_connection(n$conn) doesn't
seem to be working.  I'm not seeing TerminatingConnection or
TerminatingConnectionIgnored notices, and am getting the following error:

1275573771.744509 /usr/local/bro/share/bro/notice-action-filters.bro,
line 74 (terminate_connection): run-time error, value used but not set

Any ideas?

Tyler

Tyler Schoenke
Network Security Analyst