[Bro] using bro-1.5.3

misha singhal misha2fun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:57:30 PDT 2011

I am new to Bro-1.5.3. I installed it on Ubuntu 10.04 which is running as a
guest OS on virtual machine and my host machine is windows 7. I am doing the
UDP flood from host machine to guest machine and wants Bro to log it so I
ran command

bro -i eth0 udp.bro

then i chekcd /spool/bro/conn.log

but sometimes this file is empty or it says output can't be shown due to
character encoding problem.
I have checked networks.cfg file also for network addresses .
192.168.0.0/16is included in it also my guest machine's ip is set to
192.168.1.2 and host
machine's ip is 192.168.1.4 so I think there is no problem due to this.