[Bro] broccoli/swig issue with 2.0-beta

Justin Azoff JAzoff at albany.edu
Tue Nov 8 08:18:29 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 11:05:58AM -0500, Justin Azoff wrote:
> TypeError: in method 'bro_conn_new_str', argument 1 of type 'char const *'
> abnormal termination, saving state ...

Ah..  False alarm.  My system has 2 python versions installed plus a
local python environment.  The fix here was to reset PATH to make sure
bro was built against, and ran against, the default system wide python
install.

I believe the error is caused by building against one version of python,
but running against a different one.

--
-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Security & Performance Analyst