[Bro] Errors in Connection summary

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Feb 3 06:03:53 PST 2012

On Jan 28, 2012, at 2:00 PM, Larry Gadallah wrote:

> (I apologize for incorrectly posting this earlier on the bro-dev list
> which seems to be intended only for the Bro-Tracker bot to post to.)

Heh, it's actually not.  That list is for development discussion but we use the tracker heavily enough that it can certainly get overwhelmed with tracker messages if you aren't filtering those to a separate mail box. :)

> Incidentally, I get the same kind of linker errors at bro startup that
> were seen on OpenBSD with bro a couple of years ago:

We're going to begin doing continuous integration (automated building and testing after every commit) of the Bro source code soon and the plan currently is to also do these build/test cycles on a range of operating systems.  I think that OpenBSD is going to be one of the ones we test so hopefully our OpenBSD support will be regularly tested (which it currently isn't) so we can prevent regressions from popping up.

> Is this a case of some kind of incompatibility between the libc and
> libbind resolver functions?

I have no clue, Jon Siwek may know the answer though.

http://www.bro-ids.org/