[Bro] Disabling mailed trace-summary reports

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Mar 6 07:30:02 PST 2012

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 10:07 -0500, Lou RUPPERT wrote:

> Has anyone found a way to disable the trace-summary traffic reports?

Adding a line "TraceSummary=" to broctl.cfg (i.e., clearing that
option) should disable it.

> I also wonder how good the IPV6 support is in 2.1.  Maybe someone can
> comment on that.  On the system I do use the reports with,

The reports will fully support IPv6 in 2.1. The main piece of that (in
addition to the inet_aton changes) is adding support to the underlying
Python library doing subnet lookups. We have a contributed patch for
that already but not yet merged it in
(http://tracker.bro-ids.org/bro/ticket/750).

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org