[Bro] broctl cron running, but some scheduled tasks seem to be failing?

Gary Faulkner gary at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 18 21:31:53 PST 2013

I'm trying to troubleshoot some odd behavior. I stopped receiving hourly
email summaries and logs stopped being moved and compressed at some
point this afternoon; although new logs are still being started hourly
and the old log being renamed.

As far as I can tell from the cron log the broctl cron job is running as
scheduled. I tried running broctl cron manually, but no dice. It didn't
see any hung processes from earlier cron jobs or any emails in the bro
user's mailbox indicating something went awry. Does broctl cron produce
any log output if it has trouble?

--
Gary Faulkner
UW Madison