[Bro] Logrotating and forward bro-id logs

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 04:06:04 PST 2013

Hi all,

  I have a problem with logrotation under bro-ids. I use a rsyslog to
forward all bro-ids logs to a third syslog central server. Problem
appears when, every hour, broctl cron job rotates all bro logs. Rsyslog
fails queueing bro-ids logs if third syslog central server is down for
example.

  Is it possible to rotate bro logs using logrotate program?? If not, is
it possible to launch a rsyslog restart when broctl cron rotates logs??

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com