[Bro] Error in listen.bro, line 6

Justin Azoff JAzoff at albany.edu
Mon Jul 22 18:26:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 08:46:52PM -0400, Jesse Bowling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using a fresh install of Bro 2.1 from stable tgz, I get the following error:
>
> "error in /usr/local/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/communication/listen.bro,
> line 6: "

I believe that can be caused by an error in a script included before
that.  If a policy file is missing a trailing } or ; you will get that..

These files:

> generating standalone-layout.bro ... done.
> generating local-networks.bro ... done.
> generating broctl-config.bro ... done.

are generated from the various .cfg files (broctl, nodes, network..)

If you haven't installed any site local policies I would double check
that none of those .cfg files has anything weird in it.

--
-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Security & Performance Analyst