[Bro] Load Single Column Table with Input Framework

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Nov 6 10:06:49 PST 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 12:51 PM, Chris Crawford <christopher.p.crawford at gmail.com> wrote:

> I expected print(|blacklist|) to print out 3.
>
> I know I must be missing something simple.  What am I missing?  How should I read in a single column table?

The input framework is asynchronous.  You are printing before that data has been loaded in.  You could try waiting a moment (by scheduling an event perhaps) and checking again.

event try_again()
	{
	print |blacklist|;
	}

event bro_init()
	{
        Input::add_table([$source="blacklist.file", $name="blacklist", $idx=Idx, $destination=blacklist]);
	schedule 2secs { try_again() };
        Input::remove("blacklist");
	}

http://www.bro.org/