[Bro] Bro and flood protection

Benson Mathews benson.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 11:14:05 PST 2014

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to learn if Bro can detect UDP flood attacks. And found the
synflood script that was provided on previous versions of Bro. Wondering if
there's something similar on Bro 2.2 or if the 1.5.x version would still
work?

Noticed that this question was raised in the past by Alex (below). Does
anyone know how this could be done on 2.2 or have a working script to
detect flood attacks already?

Thanks,
Benson