[Bro] Worker in cluster with different processor architecture

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Aug 24 06:49:06 PDT 2015

> On Aug 23, 2015, at 3:46 PM, Jamie Saker <cosmotraumatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve got a new cluster being run with a manager on Intel hardware but the worker  on Raspberry Pi 2.  The Raspberry Pi was previously working in standalone mode successfully with Bro 2.4 compiled and installed. When I moved it into the manager/worker configuration, all went well with the installation except for the inevitable error due to the manager pushing an Intel executable over to the worker which it can’t recognize/run:

Unfortunately there isn’t a work around right now that wouldn’t be really hacky (perhaps someone else can provide that extreme hackiness?).  This is a problem we’re aware of though and the way that BroControl works is in the middle of being redesigned right now and this scenario will be better accommodated under the new model.

http://www.bro.org/