[Bro] broctl install failed: host key verification failed

Thomas linux at linux4n6.ws
Mon Jul 6 08:45:14 PDT 2015

unfortunately it doesn’t work.

It’s a single host machine, no cluster. ssh does work correctly, and broctl -> install fails again when launched into an SSH Session from a remote machine to my single host bro node. Neither a make clean && ./configure && make && make install solves the problem, nor a broctl -> deploy.

Same error appears each time:

Host key verification failed.
Error: cannot create (some of the) directories /usr/local/bro,/usr/local/bro/logs,/usr/local/bro/spool,/usr/local/bro/spool/tmp on node bro

Of course the above mentioned directories does exist and have the correct permissions even for root.

I could install Bro on two other servers without any problems, but cannot see any difference for the basic installation process, which was of course absolut identical on all servers, except this error message on 2 of 4 machines. ;-(

Any idea is welcome.
Thomas