[Bro] broctl install failed: host key verification failed

Daniel Thayer dnthayer at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 6 10:20:56 PDT 2015

The error message indicates that broctl is trying to ssh to some
machine, which can only happen when it thinks one of the hosts in
etc/node.cfg is not the local machine.  This should not happen
in your case, because you're using just one machine.

Check your etc/node.cfg and make sure the interface and
host are correct.  For example, I would expect it should look
something like this:

[bro]
type=standalone
host=localhost