[Bro] Help with getting PLUGIN_DBG_LOG to work

Close, Jason M. close at ou.edu
Fri Oct 30 12:19:24 PDT 2015

I’ve looked at all of the plugins that come standard with Bro, and I haven’t really found PLUGIN_DBG_LOG being used.  So it is hard to find a good working example of how to print out values for debugging purposes.

As an example program, I’ve used the init program to create a plugin TestSpace::testplugin.  I’ve set “plugin::TestSpace_testplugin::Plugin TestPlugin;” inside the “TestSpace_testplugin” namespace in the Plugin.h.

I then call PLUGIN_DBG_LOG(TestPlugin, “…”); inside my constructor of my TestPlugin.cc file, and I’m not seeing anything in the log directory.

Anyone every try to use this, and have something I can look at?

Jason Close
Information Security Analyst
OU Information Technology
Office: 405.325.8661  Cell: 405.421.1096