[Bro] broctly deploy hangs on checking scripts

Azoff, Justin S jazoff at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 2 06:22:44 PST 2016

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 7:42 AM, erik clark <philosnef at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I have bro running and try a broctl deploy, it hangs on checking scripts. I have confirmed there are no files owned by a user other than the one running bro. If I stop bro first, do an install, then do a check, it does it very fast and cleanly.

I used to see that occasionally when the manager was extremely heavily loaded... but it's been a while (I thought Daniel fixed it?).  It was some sort of race condition in the command/script that check runs that causes it to not exit.

all the check script itself does is start bro with

event bro_init() &priority=-10
	{
	terminate_communication();
	}