[Bro] AF_Packet Activation

Dave Crawford bro at pingtrip.com
Tue Dec 27 08:31:19 PST 2016

What is the proper way to activate the AF_Packet plugin? I believe its installed and configured correctly in nodes.cfg

$ bro -N Bro::AF_Packet
Bro::AF_Packet - Packet acquisition via AF_Packet (dynamic, version 1.0)

[lan]
type=worker
host=192.168.20.141
interface=af_packet::eth1
lb_method=custom
lb_procs=2
#af_packet_fanout_id=11
#af_packet_fanout_mode=FANOUT_HASH

But if I uncomment the options for fanout ID and mode I receive the errors:

Warning: ignoring unrecognized node config option 'af_packet_fanout_id' given for node 'lan'
Warning: ignoring unrecognized node config option 'af_packet_fanout_mode' given for node ‘lan'

Should I be explicitly loading the init.bro script, and if so what would the syntax be to reference the bro/lib/bro/plugins/Bro_AF_Packet/scripts/directory?

-Dave