[Bro] credit-card-exposure script

vincent at ragosta.net vincent at ragosta.net
Tue Feb 2 07:21:21 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm running Security Onion under Ubuntu 14.04 and am trying to use Seth
Hall's credit-card-exposure script. I installed it as follows:

cd /opt/bro/share/bro
git clone git://github.com/sethhall/credit-card-exposure.git
echo "@load credit-card-exposure" >> local.bro

I then restarted Bro and see the following in the stderr.log file:

warning in /opt/bro/share/bro/credit-card-exposure/./main.bro, line 81:
deprecated (split_all)
warning in /opt/bro/share/bro/credit-card-exposure/./main.bro, line 91:
deprecated (join_string_array)

I tried triggering a notification by emailing myself a fake credit card
number and visiting web sites with test numbers on them, but no alert is
triggered. Can anyone provide some assistance?

Thank you!