[Bro] Bro 2.4.1 and issue with smtp-embedded-url-bloom.bro

Stephen Castellarin castle1126 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 08:04:29 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I've set up a Bro instance to test out URL extraction from SMTP, using the smtp-embedded-url-bloom.bro scripts.  For the most part the extract/logging is working, but many times I'll find that the host and url logged will be truncated.  As an example I'd see one email listed that has 20 links extracted, but one log entry would have host name as "award" with the url as "http://award".  The remaining URLs for that email look to be extracted correctly.
Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Thanks,Steve