[Bro] problems compiling bro 25 master on centos 6

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:45:49 PDT 2016

Ok,. so I got this to compile, but it is non-trivial.

There is no longer a --with-pfring=X option in 25 configure script. See:

https://www.bro.org/sphinx-git/components/bro-plugins/pf_ring/README.html

Checking the ../doc/configuration/index.rst, this indicates that

--with-pcap=/opt/pfring

however, this makes no change in it building. Moreover, in
../build/instal_manifest.txt, I see broctl/plugins/lb_pfring.py, but no
other sign of pfring. ldd bro shows no pfring entry either. Why did bro not
build with pfring? Thanks!