[Bro] How to get generated specific log files under DEFAULT path (e.g. notice.log)
justDoSports at gmx.de
Fri Dec 15 23:59:30 PST 2017
I have a problem to get generated a notice.log file with it's DEFAULT path.
Short description of my problem:
* whenever I start Bro to do sth., I get generated some log-files
(e.g. communication, http, ...) in a folder named /var/log/bro
* however (also after a "deploy" command!), when I call e.g.
"NOTICE([$note=***, $msg="***"])", I get NOT generated a notice.log
file ANYWHERE on my VM
* I can somehow circumvent that by manipulating the
share/bro/base/frameworks/notice/main.bro file, when I explicitly
set the $path variables in there to my absolute path like
Some background I already found out:
* it is said in the Bro documentation NOT to change any files in the
directories (and its sub-folders) from share/bro EXCEPT the
* I found out, all the modules for which the DEFAULT path log-file
generation is working somehow load (directly or indirectly) the
base/utils/paths or the base/utils/site modules
What I want:
* getting generated my notice.log file without specifiying an absolute
path; only the file-name (just like as it works for the other log
files in my /var/log/bro folder)
Please help me to get my notice.log file WITHOUT manipulating files
which one should not touch!
Thanks alot in advance!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bro