[Bro] Reminder BroCon CFP expires Friday!
Dopheide, Jeannette M
jdopheid at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 6 09:23:15 PDT 2017
Are you planning on presenting at BroCon this year? The Call for Presentations expires on Friday!
BroCon ’17 is accepting presentation proposals. We are looking for talks to represent the many applications of Bro. Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
* as a tool for solving problems;
* interesting user stories, solutions, or research projects;
* a postmortem analysis of a security incident, emphasizing Bro’s contribution;
* the value Bro brings to your professional work;
* and, using Bro for more than intrusion detection.
* Please, no product presentations
Criteria for evaluating proposals include whether the topic is applicable to multiple types of organizations, gives people ideas to take home and use, can be understood by a broad audience, or is novel to many in the audience. Scrolling through our YouTube Channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/BroPlatform/playlists> may provide some insight into the types of presentations we wish to feature. Plan on limiting your talk to 30-35 minutes with an additional 10 minutes for questions/comments.
Send abstracts (max 500 words) to: info at bro.org<mailto:info at bro.org>
Subject: BroCon 2017 Call for Presentations
Submission due date: Friday, June 9th
Target date for announcing speakers: Friday June 30th
CFPs are selected by the Bro Leadership Team:
* Johanna Amann<http://www.icir.org/johanna>, International Computer Science Institute
* Seth Hall<http://www.icir.org/seth>, International Computer Science Institute
* Keith Lehigh, Indiana University
* Vern Paxson<http://www.icir.org/vern>, University of California at Berkeley
* Michal Purzynski, Mozilla Foundation
* Aashish Sharma, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
* Adam Slagell<http://www.slagell.info/>, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
* Robin Sommer<http://www.icir.org/robin>, International Computer Science Institute
* Martin van Hensbergen, Fox-IT
Jeannette M. Dopheide
Bro Outreach Coordinator
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bro