[ee122] address family not supported by protocol family

Haley Nguyen haley.ng at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:04:42 PST 2007

Hi,

I wrote a sender and a receiver. The sender sends then waits for receiver
from the receiver. The receiver waits for receive then send back and ack.

This is my socket call: socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)
Then I set AF_INET for my sockaddr_in as the Beej suggested.

I tested on localhost instead of ilinux3

The receiver runs on ilinux3 (the network is localhost), and a macbook, but
it doesn't run on c199. The error returned was: Address family not supported
by protocol family.

The sender runs fine.

I tried to use AF_INET for the socket() and AF_INET for sockaddr_in, the
problem is the same.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

On Dec 5, 2007 10:22 PM, <vern at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> > I am just taking packets from the queue and putting them in the buffer
> > passed in from my_recv.
>
> You should not put them in the buffer passed in to my_recv() unless the
> data is in-order.  That is, your transport protocol needs to manage its
> own buffer (for possibly out-of-order arrivals) and only transfers the
> in-sequence bytestream to the buffer passed in.
>
>                Vern

Haley Nguyen