[ee122] proto_parser libraries for home compiling??

Drew Lustro drewlustro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:50:10 PST 2007

I couldnt compile the sample proto_parser obtained off the /projects/
directory.. then I noticed that the makefile includes the lib/include
directories at /usr/sww/lib and /usr/sww/include

What can I do to try to compile and extend the proto_parser at home to
work with our protocol? g++ reports:

g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -osrc/proto-parser.o ../src/
proto-parser.cpp
g++ -o proto-parser src/proto-parser.o
Undefined symbols:
   "_pcap_next", referenced from:
       _main in proto-parser.o
   "_pcap_open_offline", referenced from:
       _main in proto-parser.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occurred, build is stopped

Clearly I do not have the pcap libs. I tried downloading the whole
directory (/usr/sww/include and /usr/sww/lib), but then got permission
errors and gave up.

Thanks

Drew